Monday Mix Up #17 w/ Digga Please

Interview: Kid's Table


KT: First up; What's your DJ name and how did you get/choose it?

'Digga Please', spent a long time trying to think of something creative and after a lot of failed attempts I thought using a pun of my name would be sufficient.

KT: How did you come to start deejayin'?

A mate of mine had decks and I'd often play on them before I bought my own and started thinking about DJing as a way to make some money.

KT: What has been your favourite gig so far? 

By a country mile a gig I played for my uni that had about 300 people crammed into a little bar. Everyone dressed up in animal costumes getting down to something non-commercial for once was definitely a really enjoyable moment for me.

KT: What can people expect to hear form one of your sets?

Something energetic, lots of bangers, minimal and deep house. Never a dull moment and never a song played for too long.

KT: Who's your favourite DJ/Producer at the moment?

 I've recently discovered an Adelaide DJ by the name of Uberjak'd, who's producing a lot of crazy remixes but a part from that bigger names like TON!C and Bingo Players are frequently played in my sets. 

KT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical'?

Lezgo - Justin Martin & Ardalan

KT: If you had one special power what would it be and why?

Time travel, I'd be that guy who's always like, 'I had that song first'.

KT: What plans do you have for Digga Please in the future?

New residencies in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and possibly a weekend spot in Geelong. Plus a whole lot of new bootlegs.

KT: What's your favourite memory of a live gig you've seen?

Naysayer & Gilsun in Geelong, the first time I saw them play I was in awe of the sheer diversity of sounds and creativity that goes into putting together a set like they can.

KT: To all the promoters out there; why should they book you?

I'll get your crowd jumping and fist pumping with familiar sounds and banging drops, a hot'n'heavy set that will have you glued to the dance floor.

Booking details:

Name: Jesse Diggins
Contact: diggins_9@hotmail.com or 0421799821
Looking for gigs in: Geelong, East Melbourne
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/jessediggins

Getting Tropical's Monday Mixup - Digga Please by Digga-Please

Track listing available on Digga Please's soundcloud.

& keep up to date with all things tropical!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast