Monday Mix Up #20 w/ Reece Low

Writer: Kid's Table


DJ Name: Reece Low
Label: Club Cartel Records, Shabang Records, Freakshow Disco, Mini Coffee Records
Residencies: Wah Wah Lounge, Pretty As @ Shakers, White Rabbit Fridays @ Korova
Years in industry: 4-5

KT: For everyone out there looking to get into deejayin'; how did you first start and what was your 'big break'?

Well from the age of 4 I've been playing instruments and have always loved music. It wasn't until I was 17 I watched a mate DJing for the first time and thought "Hell Yeeeaaa!! That looks like heapsa fun" I loaned off my parents for my first set of decks and a mixer and straight away got onto it. 

My 'Big Break' was starting my residency at Wah Wah Lounge. I use to listen to their podcasts non stop before I was DJing or producing... a couple of years later, I was resident at my favourite club and from then on my profile just got bigger.

KT: What advice can you give to any aspiring deejays out there that want to make their hobby into a career?

All I can say, is if you want to make it a hobby, you honestly have to have a passion for music and have a lot of patience, because it's not easy getting a name for yourself. Also have a back up plan in case you realise in the end you don't like it you're not left jobless lol

KT: What has been your favourite gig/venue to play at and why?

Wah Wah Lounge would definitely be a favourite. There's always a great atmosphere in the club, always a great crowd, bangin music and obviously because Wah Wah has always been my favourite club from before I was a DJ.

KT: Who has been the biggest influence in your career so far?

Honestly there are a number of DJ/Producers worldwide that have influenced me. If it came down to picking one artist I would probably have to say T-Rek, he's an amazing producer as well as an amazing DJ. Having T-Rek as another Wah Wah resident has been a big advantage for me as he's always up for giving feedback on most of my production. He also gave me the opportunity of remixing his track 'I Made Acid' which is now released on his label 'Freakshow Disco' and also getting me to remix another two of his tracks 'Creep' & 'New Strange' which I remixed with another great artist 'Swit'.

KT: What projects are you working on at the moment?

At the moment I am currently working on two EP's that will be released through Club Cartel Records, including a track I'm working on with Club Cartels Owner J-Trick. The two EP's are set to be big. I have a list of other artists who will also be a part of the EP's doing remixes.

KT: For anyone who hasn't caught you live yet; what can they expect to see?

When I DJ, my aim is always to make the crowd jump. So I guarantee there will be bangas. I always have new yummy bassy tracks up my sleeve ;)

KT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical' and why?

Levels by Aviccii because it's summery and when I think of summer I think of tropical islands lol!!

Gig Dates:

Wah Wah vs Sorry Grandma @ Billboards 17/02
Wah Wah Boat Cruise 18/02
Wah Wah Saturdays 18/02
Toast Launch @ Toast Nightclub Geelong 03/03
Hurleys Bar @ Kyabram 30/03


& keep up to date with all things tropical!

Writer: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast