Monday Mix Up #21 w/ DJ Dozza

Interview: Kid's Table


KT: First up; What's your DJ name and how did you get/choose it?

Dozza was a nickname given to me when I used to do local parties.

KT: How did you come to start deejayin'?

I got sick of going out to parties without DJs where crappy CD players were used and songs were repeated constantly and there was no lighting. I found out that not everyone could affor a DJ so I got some PA's and basic lighting and starting playing tunes at parties really cheap.

KT: What has been your favourite gig so far? 

O-week in Ballarat, my first ever performance with my live vocalist.

KT: What can people expect to hear form one of your sets?

Depends where they go to hear me, I play at an RnB night but I also do main room sets. I like to cross genres when I can and anything with plenty of bass. I make a lot of my own edits so my sets are familiar but different to other DJs.

KT: Who's your favourite DJ/Producer at the moment?

I really am a fan of Chuckie at the moment because of his production but one of the best DJs I've ever seen would be A-Trak.

KT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical'?

Sex Appeal because of the bootleg from Kid's Table. 

KT: If you had one special power what would it be and why?

To duplicate myself so I can play at all the gigs I get offered and not have to turn any party down.

KT: What plans do you have for DJ Dozza in the future?

Going to focus on the vocal set as it is much better than my standard DJ sets and a lot more fun.

KT: To all the promoters out there; why should they book you?

I won't bring 300 of my friends on my guestlist, but I am highly skilled, highly versatile and I entertain the crowd by adapting to the time, room and atmosphere. 

Booking details:

Name: Chris
Contact: djdozza@gmail.com
Looking for gigs in: Anywhere
Getting Tropical Monday Mix Up by DjDozza


& keep up to date with all things tropical!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast