Monday Mix Up #19 w/ Blake!

Interview: Kid's Table

KT: First up; What's your DJ name and how did you get/choose it?
 My DJ name is Blake!... that also happens to be my first name.. the "!' was added so it's like your yelling it as you say it. Definitely adds more excitement.
KT: How did you come to start deejayin'?
 I had always loved electronic dance music and I became obsessed with every song released on the Ministry of Sound CDs... Thank god I'm not anymore.. I started pressing buttons and mixing the odd song when mates played at house parties.. next thing I knew I was that guy playing at house parties and then BOOM I was playing in clubs. I wasn't the best at first but after developing my own skills and style I realised that this was the most awesome thing EVER.
 KT: What has been your favourite gig so far? 

I've been lucky enough to have some pretty amazing gigs, supporting internationals and headlining interstate parties but my favourite gig so far would have to be on my birthday last year.. I played between Hey Sam (Jump To This) and Spacey Space (my idol) to a full tramp. The crowd just loved every song I played and everything I did behind the decks worked perfectly, it was amazing.. not to mention I was completely wasted.

KT: What can people expect to hear form one of your sets?

Tech house with acapellas going everywhere.. the odd classic thrown in for good measure.. RnB break downs and lots of cowbell! (KT: FUCK YEAH COWBELL) Think of the music at the best house party you've ever been to and then times that by 10 - that's what I like to think I sound like. 

KT: Who's your favourite DJ/Producer at the moment?

My favourite DJ at the moment would be local Benson, he's also killing it at producing too! My favourite producer is by far Danny T, everything he releases is gold! Always a few of his tracks in my sets.

KT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical'?

Those Dancing Days (Loot & Plunder Remix) - Monkey Safari, it has Getting Tropical all over it.

KT: If you had one special power what would it be and why?

The ability to pause, rewind and fast forward time.. to skip all the bullshit, relive the best bits and pause stuff.. because I can.

KT: What plans do you have for Blake! in the future?

I would love to have a release on Beatport by the end of the year and to be running my own parties.. besides that just more gigs! I'm playing at my favourite clubs right now but an extra gig here and there would be rad! (Hint, hint)

KT: What's your favourite memory of a live gig you've seen?

I'm always way too drunk to remember the best stuff, but in terms of LIVE gigs... The Swiss @ After Dark Social Club last year was probably one of the best live DJ sets I've ever seen. Watching them jam away on keyboards while doing stuff in Ableton and on mixers was awesome! They created the best vibe in the venue and were smiling ear to ear whilst doing it... and so was everyone else! Now that's what you want!

KT: To all the promoters out there; why should they book you?

Promoters should book me because I am a one man party. I love what I do and it's obvious when I play, people dig that shit... and if you don't like Tech House I'll make you love it by the end of the night.

Booking details:
Name: Blake Lechner
Contact: crackhaus@live.com.au
Looking for gigs in: your bedroom.. or any nightclub out there
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/blakeblakeblake








& keep up to date with all things tropical!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast