Monday Mix Up #11 w/ Ok Sure

Interview: Kid's Table


KT: First up; what's your DJ name and how did you get/choose it?

Well my DJ name was originally Kaysh and that is just shortened version of my name Akaysha, now I also work under Ok Sure which phonetically sounds like Akaysha.

KT: How did you come to start DJing?

Like most people, just started buying tunes and playing them in my room...

KT: What has been your favourite gig so far?

I had heaps of fun at the Halloween show where I played as Ok Sure for the second time, was lots of fun dressing up and playing live. You always get more into it when you're in character.

KT: What can people expect to hear from one of your sets?

The Kaysh stuff is more Tech-Haus while the Ok Sure shows are pretty varied in genre, anything from slow ambient atmospheric sounds to tough glitchy electro.

KT: Who's your favourite DJ/producer at the moment?

Ah too many! But a few I've been listening to a lot lately are Mungolian Jetset, Four Tet and I just discovered TOKiMONSTA. 

KT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical' and why?

Anything by El Guincho, makes me wanna drink pina coladas!

KT: If you had one special power what would it be and why?

Manipulate time, think of the possibilities..

KT: What plans do you have for Kaysh/Ok Sure in the future?

Get back into Djing under Kaysh, haven't played in a while but I have a show coming up on the 4th of November at the Nash supporting Pleasurekraft, also get more live shows for Ok Sure and just keep making new music and getting it out there!

KT: What's your favourite memory of a live gig you've seen?

I think one of my favourite shows I've seen was Soulwax a few years ago at the Palace, I can't really remember what happened but I know it was good. Also M.I.A.'s side show earlier this year was awesome too, I know a lot of people were paying out her BDO gig but I thought she was fantastic.

KT: To all the promoters out there; why should they book you?

Because there aren't many live female electronic acts and it would be good to promote something a bit different instead of the same old boys club..

Booking details:

Name: Kaysh/Ok Sure
Contact: akayshad@hotmail.com
Looking for gigs in: EVERYWHERE
Links: soundcloud.com/kaysh


Track listing:

1. Mists - Karlmarx
2. The Mash and the Fury - Tretemoller
3. Maneter - Diskjokke, Djuma Soundsystem
4. Get Like This - Kaysh // Ok Sure
5. Follow My Liebe - Audiofly
6. Herbal Cake - Space Ranger
7. A Blast of Loser - Mungolian Jetset
8. Seduction - Tom Flynn
9. Rollercoaster - Siwell

ADD Kid's Table/Getting Tropical on Facebook 
& keep up to date with all things tropical!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast