It's Time For An Indian Summer..

Interview: Kid's Table


GT: First up; What's your DJ name and how did you get/choose it?

Indian Summer DJs: I got the name from the 'Beat Happening' song 'Indian Summer'.

GT: How did you come to working together/start deejayin'?

Indian Summer DJs: I do the party/production thing with long time friend Chevy Long. It started when we took a trip around Europe ending up in Morocco. He played me some of the stuff he'd been working on and I wanted to be involved. We got back to Australia and released our first full length mixtape, which we have now done two east coast and one national tour on.

GT: What has been your favourite gig so far? 

Indian Summer DJs: Splendour in the Grass 2010 was a lot of fun, we've been lucky enough to be invited back again this year. I just got back from a great trip up to Sydney, I played at last night at the Gaelic Theatre; the crowd is always fantastic there and really responsive. I think my favourite show of all time though was last summer. It was an I Oh You warehouse party we played in Melbourne with Yeasayer, Foals and Trumpdisco; the venue was packed and I ended up drinking a bottle of vodka, crowd surfing and making a general fool out of myself. It was a great night.

GT: What can people expect to hear form one of your sets?

Indian Summer DJs: My main focus is to always try to keep a good balance between entertaining the audience and playing tasteful tunes. Recently I've been playing a lot of disco/old school funk remixes in my sets as well as our own productions. I like doing stuff like bring heaps of beach balls /filling up rooms with balloons when I play as well.

The most important thing for me is for people to be having a good time - if chin-strokers don't like my sets I'm not really that fussed.

GT: Who's your favourite DJ/Producer at the moment?

Indian Summer DJs: My favourite local producers at the moment are Swick & Tranter, 2 guys that have been round for years and are doing huge stuff at the moment. Everything they put out is ridiculously good.

GT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical'?

Indian Summer DJs: At the moment it's the Dillon Francis remix of 'Hits me like a Rock' by CSS, such a good tune.

GT: If you had one special power what would it be and why?

Indian Summer DJs: Invisibility so I could creep on cute girls.

GT: What plans do you have for Indian Summer DJs in the future?

Indian Summer DJs: At the end of this month I'll be playing at Splendor in the Grass and starting monthly parties in Sydney, Canberra and Gold Coast in August. Our second full length Indian Summer mix tape should be out in September as well.

GT: What's your favourite memory of a live gig you've seen?

Indian Summer DJs: Probably seeing the Vines at the Tote a couple of years ago. It was sold out, the line was about 500m long and I was underage so we had to all go commando style through the vacant lot behind the venue and jump down a huge fence. It ended up being an awesome show.

Booking details:
Gabe Gleeson
gabe@waxwaves.com.au
+61423909327

Names: Gabe Gleeson & Chevy Long


Track list:

1. Broken Hearts (Dillon Francis Remix) - Kito, Reija Lee
2. Do I Do (U-Tern Disco Edit) - Stevie Wonder
3. Arabest (Original Mix) - SebastiAn
4. Into The Groove (Kolombo Rework) - Madonna
5. Contact High (Javelin Remix) - Architecture in Helsinki
6. Snake Charmer/Finally - Indian Summer
7. Live Those Days Tonight (Lone Remix) - Friendly Fires
8. Give It To Me Baby (Mister Mustache Remix) - Rick James
9. Somebody To Love Me (Indian Summer Edit) - Mark Ronson
10. I'll Get You (Cassian's I'll Get Yeww! Remix) - Classixx
11. Ride on Time (Zombie Disco Squad Remix) - Black Box
12. Love Ting (Them Jeans Remix) - Anna Lunoe & Wax Motif
13. What You Know (Lights Over LA Remix) - Two Door Cinema Club
14. Uh-Huh (Airworf Remix) - Gilsun
15. Helena Beat (Suxx Edit) - Foster The People
16. Treehouse ('96 Bulls Remix) - Gold Fields
17. Radar Detecter (Tranter's DJ Edit) - Darwin Deez
18. Bad Gal (Original Mix) - Savage Skulls & Douster
19. Hangover (BaBaBa) (Swick Remix) - Buraka Som Sistema
20. Doncamatic (Joker Remix) - Gorillaz
21. Wildfire (Original Mix) - SBTRKT

Don't forget to head over to the Getting Tropical Facebook 
--> click 'Like' 
-->TAG yourself in the COMPETITION PHOTOS 
--> WIN DOUBLE PASSES to selected events!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast