Monday Mix Up #4 w/ Swick (No Brainer, Top Billin, Sweat It Out)

Interview: Kid's Table


DJ Name: Swick
Label: No Brainer, Top Billin & Sweat It Out
Residencies: Can't Say
Years in the industry: 2
Soundcloud: [click here]
Favourite catch phrase: (^_^)

GT: For everyone out there looking to get into deejayin'; how did you first start and what was your 'big break'?

Swick: Well I first started mucking around on Ableton when I was young and ended up making something I was happy with but I don't think I've had my 'big break' yet (´ー`).

GT: What advice can you give to aspiring deejays out there that want to make their hobby into a career?

Swick: I'm not sure but if anyone who reads this knows can they tell me!? 

GT: What had been your favourite gig/venue to play at and why?

Swick: My favourite gig to play was probably playing before AC Slater with Tranter at Roxanne. It was heaps of fun or maybe last years Parklife that was fun too (*^▽^*).

GT: Who has been the biggest influence in your career so far?

Swick: Malente. He put out my first proper EP (Jogalani) on his label No Brainer and has been supporting me every since. I have nearly finished my next EP for him too!

GT: What projects are you working on at the moment?

Swick: I just finished up some remixes for Buraka Som Sistema, Malente, Oh Snap!, DJ Ayres and 1928. They are all out now except for the Oh Snap! remix should be out soon also mine and Tranter's EP will be out very soon on Top Billin with some crazy remixes which I'm very excited about!

GT: What's the first song that pops into your head when you think 'Getting Tropical' and why?

Swick: Hands Up - Daniel Haaksman

Gig Dates

30.7 Splendour In The Grass - Woodford, QLD
27.8 Electric Circus - Adelaide, SA
24.9 Parklife - Melbourne, VIC
24.9 Chinese Laundry - Sydney, NSW


Track list:

1. Work - High Powered Boys
2. Can't Stop - Lars Moston & Ben Mono
3. Loot At Me (Justin Martin Remix) - Lil Scrappy
4. Bad Gal - Savage Skulls & Douster ft. Robyn
5. Here We Go - Heavyfeet
6. Flick It Up - Swick ft. Mars e Pan
7. Bubblegum - Marcus Price & Carli
8. Pasta - Swick
9. Aisle Seat - LOL Boys
10. That Your Girl (Skeet Skeet Remix) - Mattie Safer ft. Ninjasonik
11. Whip My Hair (Swick Remix) - Willow Smith
12. Back To The Beat - Astronomar
13. Chango x Pretty Boy Swag (Swick Edit) - Malente x Soulja Boy x Club Cheval
14. Marcellus - Lightyear
15. Send it! - Swick & Tranter
16. Mugged - Mele
17. Bullets (Carli Remix) - Rebecca & Fiona
18. Hangover (Swick Remix) - Buraka Som Sistema
19. Ow! - Depressed Buttons
20. Broccoli - Swick
21. Bust Em Up - Dr. Gonzo
22. Chambacu - Slatchtofbronx
23. Eqypt - Slap In The Bass
24. Jogalani (Douster Remix) - Swick
25. Windek - Cabo Snoop

*Bonus*


Don't forget to head over to the Getting Tropical Facebook 
--> click 'Like' 
-->TAG yourself in the COMPETITION PHOTOS 
--> WIN DOUBLE PASSES to selected events!

Interview: Kid's Table

.

GTmember
E-mail address:
GTpodcast